A clean and well-maintained restroom is essential for running a successful business. Not only does it make your visitors feel more comfortable, but it also impacts the bottom line of your store through increased sales and repeat visits from customers. Here are some considerations to keep in mind when creating a restroom experience that will help boost customer satisfaction and improve your bottom line:
A clean restroom sends a positive message to customers
- A clean restroom is a sign of a clean store.
- A clean restroom is a sign that the business cares about its customers.
- A clean restroom shows that the employees are practicing good hygiene and housekeeping skills, which means they’re likely to keep up with other areas of your business as well.
- Customers appreciate knowing that there’s no risk in using your facilities, so it’s worth taking the time and effort required to keep them in tip-top shape!
Customers want the same experience they have at home
Customers are paying attention to the details. They want to be treated like they are at home, and a clean restroom is a positive experience for customers. If your store’s restrooms aren’t up to par, it could impact your bottom line in a big way.
It’s important for customers to feel comfortable in your store – especially if they’re shopping there with their families or friends. A dirty restroom can make them feel uneasy about spending time in your business and discourage them from returning again in the future.
Good lighting and ventilation are important, even when it comes to restrooms
The restroom is a key part of the customer experience. It’s an area where your customers will spend time, so it’s important that you provide them with a clean, comfortable space that makes them feel welcome. Good lighting and ventilation are two things that can help make this happen.
To begin with, good lighting helps customers see where they are going and what they are doing–and also helps keep the restroom from smelling foul by allowing fresh air to circulate through it more freely. In addition to helping keep odors down (and making things more pleasant for everyone), proper ventilation helps prevent mold from forming inside your store’s restrooms over time; this is especially important if you live in an area with high humidity or frequent rainstorms during certain seasons of the year!
Cleanliness is key
Customers want to know that their bathroom facilities are clean and sanitary, so make sure you keep them clean on a regular basis. You should also check for signs of mold or mildew in the corners and behind toilets, sinks, and other fixtures.
Provide plenty of toilet paper
If there’s not enough toilet paper, people will try to use napkins or paper towels instead — neither of which is very sanitary! And don’t forget to leave plenty of soap in dispensers!
What should restrooms contain?
In order to make sure that your restroom is always clean and ready for customers, it’s important to stock up on the following items:
- Soap dispensers should be easy to use. Customers shouldn’t have to struggle with the soap dispenser or hand sanitizer. The buttons should be clearly labeled, and there should be enough room around them so that people don’t accidentally press them while washing their hands or using the toilet.
- Hand sanitizer should be available everywhere in your store’s restrooms (including near sinks). This is an especially important detail if you sell food products; by providing hand sanitizer at every sink in your store, you can help prevent any potential contamination from spreading between customers who visit different parts of your establishment (like those who buy groceries versus those who eat at a restaurant).
- Hand dryers – If you don’t want to use paper towels, then consider getting some modern hand dryers installed instead. They work quickly and efficiently — plus they save money because you won’t need to keep buying paper towels anymore!
- Sinks and mirrors – This is the most important part of any restroom. You want to make sure there are enough sinks for everyone, as well as mirrors that are large enough for people to check themselves out. If you’re going to have separate men’s and women’s rooms, then you’ll need to make sure they’re equal in size.
Restroom can make or break your business
One of the most important, yet often overlooked areas of your store is the restroom. The restroom can make or break your business. Here are some reasons why:
It’s a reflection of you. If customers walk into a dirty, unkempt men’s room and see trash on the floor, they will likely assume that this is how you run your business and that you don’t care about them. It’s not fair, but it’s reality.
It impacts employee morale. If your employees have to use a smelly, dirty bathroom, they will not be happy campers! They may even consider looking for another job if the situation doesn’t improve soon.
It has an impact on sales. Customers will often go elsewhere if there isn’t a clean restroom available for them to use at your store. This means lost sales for you!