Are you contemplating if selling merchant accounts is a good career or not? Do you want to know a detailed idea about how secure your job profile is? What is your future in this industry? Well, there can be a lot of questions stumbling your mind when you are going to start a career in selling merchant account. To help you with all such questions, in today’s blog we are going to take a look at the potential of this industry & whether it can be a lucrative career that will make you successful.
How is the industry performing?
Having a clear idea about how the industry is performing is going to help you decide on your future. You must know the potential and the performance of the industry. So, when we are talking about selling merchant services, you can be sure of one thing – the industry is seeing massive growth in the current world and the future definitely seems to be promising. Here are some statistics to support our statement –
- By the end of January 2020, there were more than 2.8 billion credit cards currently present in the market.
- On an average, a consumer is willing to spend at least 18% more when they are using credit card than cash money.
- More than 500,000 applications of credit cards get processed every day and the number seems to grow.
- The total value of all the credit card transactions in the United States in 2018 was more than $40 billion.
So, you can see that the numbers are huge and these are going to grow even further in the near future. This indicates that you can definitely start selling merchant accounts to the people. With more advent in technology, companies will be more excited to sell merchant services. Excited to their how to become a merchant processor? Wait, let’s check some more info.
Benefits of Selling Merchant Accounts
Now that you have a clear idea about how the industry is performing & what the future holds, take a look at the benefits of this career path –
- Independence – as a merchant account seller you will surely be a part of a team, but there’s more flexibility at work. You will have the independence to choose your potential clients.
- Earning potential – the overall earning potential in this industry is massive. Since the customer pool is so huge, you can easily earn a lot of money by selling merchant accounts. You have the opportunity to earn a lot through commissions and incentives as well.
- Easier to sell – when a product is really important to the people, it is a lot easier to sell. Merchant accounts can be sold easily when compared to other products because businesses need it. So it can excel more in your career.
Selling merchant accounts/services can be a great career opportunity for anyone who is willing to go the extra mile. It is surely a competitive industry but there is a huge potential that can be nurtured as well. So, start grinding on your skills from now!