After an accident at a job that left you on a hospital bed and medication for some time, you realize it has two-pronged effects. An injury victim will fight two battles at the same time – one with his/her medical condition and the other with the legal system.
Only after filing a case in court does one realize that fighting for rightful workers’ compensation is not as easy as it sounds. But with a Virginia Beach Workers’ Compensation Attorney, the process can be made much easier and faster.
Get yourself a Virginia Beach Workers’ Compensation Attorney to fight the legal battle so that you can recover from your medical condition faster. Let’s now look at the question at hand – what happens after filing a workers’ compensation claim in court?
Here’s everything you should know:
- Before you file the case, make sure you have reported the incident to the concerned higher official at your workplace.
- Make a written record about your injury before 30 days of the incident.
If you didn’t miss this mandatory 30-day-duration, then you are eligible to file a case in the court of law and appeal for your compensation benefits.
But what about all the complicated and lengthy documentation and paperwork? This is where an attorney’s experience and expertise can prove helpful. Virginia Beach Workers’ compensation attorneys are very familiar with the intricacies of the legal system.
They can help you get the documentation and paperwork done at the earliest. This will speed things up and you can move to the next crucial step in the compensation claim.
Once your case is registered, the opposite party’s insurance company is liable to pay your compensation. The employer/his insurance company will try to knock up a settlement.
This is an out-of-court procedure and requires in-depth knowledge and experience in bargaining for the maximum compensation benefit. Here again, it is better to have an experienced attorney by your side to fix the best possible settlement.
- Now, if a settlement is not agreed upon, you can always appeal to the court for an unsatisfactory motion.
- Next, go to the courtroom for hearings and defend your case.
- This is the most crucial stage of your claim. It is best left at the hands of aggressive workers’ compensation lawyers from Virginia Beach.
In short, instead of fighting two battles at once, leave the legal battle to your attorney and focus on recovering from the injuries you’ve sustained.